Proteus Consulting is a niche management consultancy that specialises in the design and implementation of strategic improvement programmes primarily in the HE sector. Since founding the company in 2011, we have worked with several well-respected universities, including Cardiff, Birmingham, Warwick and York, as well as AUDE (the Association of University Directors of Estates) and Investors in People.
Our programmes always deliver measurable benefits and improvements and, where applicable, typically return no less than 7:1 on client investment. Outcomes include better, leaner processes; identification and realisation of cost savings; improved staff capacity; better risk management; and enhancements to student experience.
Independent and expert facilitation is a key to creating an environment where teams can identify creative ways to improve, whilst simultaneously improving the morale and empowerment of the staff involved.
Our approach variously includes:
- The ‘Insight’ programme – a short diagnostic assessment to identify areas and scope for improvement and driven by an evidence-based case for change
- A proven improvement methodology
- Rapid Improvement Events, including process Reviews and process improvements
- Risk and Compliance assessments (both strategic and operational)
- Business/Crisis Management Planning
- Information Security Reviews
- People change and transition
Some recent work includes the following:
- Improvement of the University end-to-end Recruitment and Onboarding process
- Rapid writing events to create a new Sexual Violence and Abuse Policy and Procedure
- Standardisation of campus-wide door access systems, realising significant financial benefit and better student welfare benefits
- Analysis of an Exam Paper production process and elimination of errors
- Introduction of a category management approach in Procurement, identifying significant cost reduction.
Legal status Limited Company
VAT registered Yes
Phone 07515 609 578