Katie is a professional consultant and interim manager with over 20 years’ experience in all aspects of tertiary education.
Working with Further and Higher Education institutions, Professional, Statutory & Regulatory Bodies (PSRBs), and professional postgraduate education, Katie brings a wealth of approaches to her work.
Katie has extensive experience in:
- Policy development and institutional accreditation, frequently working across organisational and regional boundaries in national and transnational education partnerships
- Developing and training staff in the understanding and implementation of new concepts and behaviours around equality, diversity and inclusion, and differing approaches to academic and quality standards.
An exceptional people manager, Katie is adept at identifying and implementing change requirements in operational and strategic management environments across the public and private sectors.
Previous projects include:
- Taking institutions through OfS registration, Quality & Standards review and professional accreditation
- Writing institutional documentation to conform to the revised UK Quality Code
- Developing effective complaints management systems
- Establishing and implementing effective operating procedures for a multi-campus, multi-national HE institution
- Project managing a new, work-based learning qualification, accredited across FE and HE, delivered across three institutions with multiple placement providers
- Redeveloping the institutional accreditation and quality management policies and processes for the Actuarial Professional Body
- Supporting a German University’s successful application to the ERASMUS+ programme
- Developing Level 7 Apprenticeship standards and quality policies and procedures for an accounting Professional Body’s Ofqual registration
Following on from a successful career in commercial sales, Katie has held management and development roles including that of Registrar (at institution, campus and faculty levels), and Head of Academic Standards and Quality Enhancement. These roles required an in-depth understanding of external regulation and internal practices to ensure policy and procedure development is implemented effectively. This has included leading on staff management, development and training, creating process reviews leading to workload redistribution, and introducing effective student support mechanisms.
Katie takes a hands-on approach and uses her professional experience and staff development skills to create effective strategic and operational practices for her clients.
Legal status Limited Company
VAT registered No
Phone 07837 437 848 / 01865 777 678