Katie Drapes is a professional consultant with over 20 years’ experience in all aspects of tertiary education.
Experienced at working with Further and Higher Education institutions, Professional, Statutory & Regulatory Bodies (PSRBs), and professional postgraduate education, Katie brings a wealth of approaches to her work.
Previous projects have included:
- Managing the development of a work-based learning qualification, jointly accredited across level 3 and 4, and delivered across three institutions with multiple placement providers
- Redeveloping the institutional accreditation and quality management policies and processes for a PSRB
- Establishing and implementing effective operating procedures for a multi-campus, multi-national HE institution
- Taking institutions through OfS registration and Quality & Standards review
- Redeveloping institution-wide documentation to conform to the revised UK Quality Code, including developing effective complaints management systems
In addition to project-based work, and following on from a successful career in commercial sales, Katie has also held management and development roles including that of Registrar (institution, campus and faculty), and heading up Academic Standards and Quality Enhancement departments. These roles have required an in-depth understanding of external regulation and internal practices to ensure policy and procedure development is implemented effectively. This has included organising and leading on staff management, development and training, creating process reviews leading to workload redistribution, and introducing effective student support mechanisms.
Katie takes a hands-on approach and uses her professional experience and staff development skills to create effective strategic and operational practices for her clients.
Legal status Limited Company
VAT registered No
Phone 07837 437 848 / 01865 777 678