Clare Kell (EdD, PFHEA, FSEDA, MCSP) is an Independent Consultant using her skills and over 30 years’ experience as a Strategic Leader, Change Facilitator, Researcher, Mentor, Educational Developer, AdvanceHE Accreditor, and Chartered Physiotherapist to support clients with their enhancement activities.
As a former Director, Clare is experienced designing, instigating and supporting transformational practice change in complex environments through restructuring, strategic and financial planning, forecasting and risk management.
Passionate about staff recognition and inclusive and empowering professional development for all who teach and support learning in the Tertiary Education sector, Clare has successfully developed institutional policies, support plans, resources and led development workshops and other activities across the HE portfolio.
Specific consultancy foci include:
1) Strategic Development:
- Undertaking reviews and writing reports etc.
- Helping teams and organisations develop strategy and programmes of work particularly in the areas of staff practice development and recognition.
2) Interim support for educational development teams including:
- PgCLTHE / APAs.
- AdvanceHE PSF Recognition Schemes.
3) Capacity Strengthening: Workshops, pump-priming, resource building etc in
- Tertiary Education pedagogic development including: Inclusive curriculum, assessment and teaching / learning support design and practice.
- Colleague peer collaboration schemes.
- Inclusive staff CPD and recognition pipeline development.
- Critical Enquiry and research into teaching / learning support practices.
4) Mentoring (1:1 and small group):
- Emerging and aspiring senior leaders.
- Preparation for AdvanceHE PSF recognition claims (all categories).
- Preparation for NTFS and CATE submissions.
- Workshops in qualitative methods, HE critical practice enquiry projects, ethics form applications, cascading outcomes etc.
- Mentorship of active HE pedagogic critical enquiry projects.
- Clare continues to research in her areas of interest and welcomes the opportunity to collaborate with others.
- Book and other reviewing activity.
- PhD/EdD examining.
Legal status Sole trader
VAT registered No
Phone 07989 505690