Alison Leggett MA Hons (Oxon), PhD (Nottingham), PGDip (UWE), FHEA
Alison’s particular expertise lies in combining her understanding of both the academic and HR perspectives to develop strategy, policy, practice and cultural change. Taking an integrated approach to these elements can be key to enhancing working environments that support the productivity and success of academic teams and further researcher careers.
Alison offers consultancy to support people and organisational development work in areas such as:
- Developing online toolkits and other written resources
- Analysis, evaluation and development of people development programmes
- Internal and external reporting processes (eg. HR Excellence)
- Staff development scoping projects
- Strategy and policy development
- Writing, editing and proof-reading
- Advising and mentoring around Researcher Development programmes
Alison has over 15 years of experience working within the Higher Education sector in research-intensive universities, first in research and then in people and organisational development. Most recently, as Head of Academic Staff Development at the University of Bristol (2013-2020), she created and led an innovative, integrated Academic Staff Development team, bringing together leadership, academic and researcher development.
Alison has a PhD, she is CIPD qualified, holds FHEA and is accredited to deliver MBTI part I and part II. Alison is happy to take on small pieces of work as well as larger projects and can provide a CV or referees on request.
Legal status Sole trader
VAT registered No