Having worked for over 20 years in universities, Geraldine Dufour set up Therapeutic Consultations to work directly with universities and colleges across the sector on issues related to student mental health and wellbeing.
Member of several national committees related to student mental health and wellbeing, Geraldine Dufour is the Vice-Chair of the Mental Wellbeing in Higher Education Expert Group (MWBHE) at Advance HE and Chair of the Academic Committee of China-UK University Counselling Association. She is a past Chair of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Universities & Colleges Division, as well as the national group for Heads of University Counselling Services (HUCS).
In her recent role of Head of Counselling at the University of Cambridge, she oversaw the provision of psychological support for the collegiate university, leading a team of over 40 counsellors, CBT therapists, university sexual harassment and assault and mental health advisors.
HE consultation, Geraldine Dufour can:
- Help your institution consider, review and improve student mental health, counselling and wellbeing provision and delivery
- Develop its mental health or suicide prevention strategies
- Support you in delivering a whole institution approach to mental health
- Prepare your submission for the University Mental Health Charter Award
- Recruit and select student mental health, counselling and wellbeing staff
- Improve diversity in your team and tailor student support to meet the need of a diverse student body
- Develop support for students affected by sexual violence
- Offer bespoke training for your institution
- Coach your leadership and specialist mental health, counselling and wellbeing staff
If you have a particular training or consultancy in mind, or if you are not sure what option might work best for a particular issue, please do not hesitate to contact Geraldine Dufour so she can create something bespoke to the needs of your institution.
As well as an extensive higher education and Cambridge experience, Geraldine Dufour brings a global outlook to her expertise and experience, having worked with international audiences, participants and lived in different countries.
Legal status Sole trader
VAT registered No