With over a decade in the Higher Education sector, I have extensive experience working across a variety of institutions in both operational and strategic level roles.
In recent years I have specialised in supporting small, specialist and start-up institutions to develop their services and processes to align with the relevant quality assurance and regulatory standards in England. Some recent projects have included:
- Leading on the development and workshopping of a new approach to strategic planning for an institute, redeveloping both the Strategic Framework and the Annual Planning Cycle for the institute.
- Overseeing the work of a Business Analyst to produce full and detailed process maps for the onboarding of students
- Undertook a full review of an institutions Risk Management processes, developing new templates, processes and documents in line with best practice and leading on the embedding and senior level buy-in of new processes.
- Working to support the acquisition and implementation of new higher education record systems (Tribal EBS) and a bespoke application to transfer data between a 3rd party data source and a Salesforce CRM
- Supported an institution with the transfer of validating institution for all programmes, working collaboratively with project managers, analysts and senior managers at both institutions to coordinate the transfer and ensure alignment between systems and processes.
- Conducted a full departmental staffing review, with the brief to consider poor morale and retention, resulting in a successful restructure to introduce new progression points between existing roles.
- Conducted a full review and reformat of recruitment and admissions KPIs, providing enhanced reporting and insights to the senior management team (as a member) and with increased satisfaction and clarity reported.
- Set up a brand new admissions department for a start-up institution, including engaging with UCAS at a senior level to support the application for membership, producing a brand new admissions policy document, staffing and allocation of roles and responsibilities and the procurement of suitable IT solutions.
- Led on the delivery of a large and complicated multi-campus enrolment, coordinating the work undertaken by different departments across the institute including IT, Finance, Facilities, Admissions, Academics and Student Administration
I am currently available for remote consultancy or interim roles in the HE sector, with some limited availability to attend in-person (for blocks of 1-2 weeks).
Legal status Limited company
VAT registered No