Mark Davies has over 20 years’ experience as a reviewer and consultant in Higher Education. Awarded a Personal Chair at 40, he has now retired from full-time academia to concentrate on consultancy activities.
Very experienced professional in Higher Education learning, teaching and assessment, research and quality enhancement with an international profile. Extensive work in regulation with national accreditation and review agencies, and with organisations with a commitment to developing and recognising staff.
PFHEA and UK National Teaching Fellow.
Published ~90 peer-reviewed full papers mostly in Bioscience, but some in Higher Education.
Panel member and chair for national evaluation agencies in the UK (QAA), Albania, Croatia, Lithuania, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong: single programmes, whole institutions, whole subjects, degree-awarding powers (research and taught), national doctoral schemes.
Accreditor and UKPSF consultant for AdvanceHE (before for the HEA and before that for ILTHE), Independent Assessor for AdvanceHE’s End Point Assessment Service
Previous work has included:
- Advice on degree awarding powers application and assessment;
- Preparation for QAA review and OfS registration, including running ‘mock’ meetings and developing self-evaluation reports;
- Becoming an external member of an Advisory Board for a limited period in preparation for quality review;
- Advisory Board member of a national teaching facility;
- Drafting a learning, teaching and assessment strategy;
- Intensive bespoke training for quality assurance professionals in establishing a national system;
- Providing training in fundamentals of quality systems;
- Advising on workloading systems.
Legal status Sole trader
VAT registered No