1. The search algorithm searches three areas:
- The content of each directory entry
- The tag titles for each directory entry
- The tag descriptions for each directory entry
A directory entry will be returned if there is a match in any of these areas.
2. If multiple words are entered then the search algorithm uses a logical AND – so it will only return an entry if all of the words are found.
3. To search for a specific phrase, enter it in quotation marks.
4. The search algorithm is not case sensitive.
5. The search algorithm will also search for words that begin or end with the search word. For example a search for data would return an entry that contains dataset or metadata.
6. The search engine does not attempt to rank the search results. Search results are displayed alphabetically.