Paul Marshall ACG is a highly experienced higher education professional with over 20 years working in student recruitment, academic administration, registry and strategic planning roles in traditional, modern and private institutions. Having spent the last ten years at the level of Director or Executive Director, Paul was delighted to join Pragmatix Advisory in 2022 to add higher education expertise to the team’s existing strengths in delivering impactful and intelligent research and analysis to businesses, trade associations and other public bodies.
Paul’s forte is working with Executive teams and Boards of Governors on strategy development, risk management, higher education policy, organisational performance management, and evidence-based decision making more broadly. As a Chartered Governance Professional, Paul has a keen interest in improving the effectiveness of governance within higher education and has experience of improving both academic and executive decision-making structures. As an independent governor at Writtle University College and having been a member or secretary of Board committees for over ten years, Paul is acutely aware of the governance challenges that exist within institutions and how they can be overcome, not least through effective report writing.
Paul’s colleagues at Pragmatix Advisory include economists, policy experts, forecasters and data analysts with wide experience of delivering sensitive strategy assignments to tight schedules. Paul and the team would be delighted to discuss how they could bring their passion, experience and insight to your institution either through a bespoke consultancy engagement or on an interim management basis in any of the following areas:
- Strategy development, cascade and alignment through annual planning processes
- Institutional performance management and KPI development
- Strategic risk management
- Future scanning, evaluation of external environment and scenario planning
- Change management
- External data analysis and league table optimisation
- Governance effectiveness
- Student number planning, forecasting and portfolio sustainability
- Business intelligence and data strategy development and diagnostic reviews
- Report writing skills
- Professional service efficiency and effectiveness reviews
- Social, economic and community impact assessment
Legal status Limited Company. Registered in England number 12403422.
VAT registered Yes. Number 340 8912 04.
Phone 07971 464091
Email firstname.lastname@example.org (general office email)
Phone 020 3880 8640 (general office telephone)