Richard Blackwell is lead consultant with specialist associates available, as required. Recent consultancy projects:
- governance and leadership renewal in alternative providers (private colleges) in English Higher Education (HE)
- preparing alternative providers for engagement with the Office for Students (OfS)
- graduate employment strategy in Universities
- town-based ‘place-making’- University Centre focussed on employers and residents higher skills needs
Richard has extensive HE experience, including 5 years as University Deputy Vice-Chancellor and 8 years at Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). At HEFCE he led on the merger that created the University of the Creative Arts, one of 14 collaborative projects. He was Teaching Excellence Framework and Student Outcomes (TEF) assessor until 2019.
Recent interim leadership assignments (Principal and Vice-Principal roles):
- producing new strategic plan and growth strategies
- instigating quality re-set and developing academic governance
- managing relationships with regulators and stakeholders
Richard has held governor roles in FE and HE and non-executive director roles at alternative providers. He has worked on projects in Argentina, Bulgaria and China and in guest/visiting roles in Germany and Russia.
Currently available for UK and international consultancy and UK-based non-executive director opportunities.
Legal status Limited company
VAT registered Yes
Phone 07872 379411